Pages

Monday

Walking on the Wild Side


 With this being our final year to create and donate small format art quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) , I have pulled out my treasured African fabrics and created an abundance of quilts with various themes. These three were donated by the end of April and have not been officially scanned and entered into the AAQI database and are awaiting assignment and eventual sale.


They are listed as:

13,704 - I Will Remember You    

Michele Bilyeu Salem, OR USA Width: 8.75" Length: 8.75" Materials/Techniques ... Don't worry, Mom. We will remember you!" Oh, how she laughed. Contact Michele Dedication: For my mother, who I love with all of my heart. She is ...

 

13,705 - Dreaming of Freedom    

Michele Bilyeu Salem, OR USA Width: 8.75" Length: 8.75" Materials/Techniques ... the depths of spirit, she still dreams of being free once again. Contact Michele Dedication: For my mother, who longs for freedom on earth and for ...





13,706 - A Walk on the Wild Side    

Michele Bilyeu Salem, OR USA Width: 11.5" Length: 9" Materials/Techniques ... or any of us who continue to care for her eight years later. Contact Michele Dedication: For my mother who is now in her 8th year of Alzheimer ...


Please consider a purchase of one or more of these great little quilts when they are offered for sale, whether that is on the AAQI website or in our display booth at the Houston International Quilt Festival in November.

Walk this memory journey with me as I dream of freedom for my mother, my siblings, and myself as we have all walked on a very wild, and frankly..not very much fun..journey as we have now cared for our mother for the past 8 years in our childhood Douglas Island, Alaska home.
Michele Bilyeu blogs With Heart and Hands as she shares a quilting journey through her life in Salem, Oregon and Douglas, Alaska. Sharing thousands of links to Free Quilt and Quilt Block Patterns and encouraging others to join in the Liberated Quilting Challenge and make or donate small art quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) Help us change the world, one little quilt at a time!