Pages

Wednesday

I Will Remember You



















After a year of praying for and receiving miracles, my amazing brother is now ready to return home to Eagle River, Alaska.

Such a long and unbelievable journey! 

Read all about it on my primary blog post:
April Showers Bring May Flowers

And while this small format art quilt was made in honor of our mother's journey with Alzheimer's Disease and my 4 younger brothers and my own prayers that we will not be stricken with this horrible disease as so many members of our family have been...it is still titled:

13,704 - I Will Remember You

13,704 - I Will Remember You
Michele Bilyeu
Salem, OR USA
Width: 8.75" Length: 8.75"

Materials/Techniques: Commercial cottons, machine piecing and quilting, 3-D flying geese and painted beads for embellishment.

Artist Statement: When my mother was in her third year of Alzheimer's disease, she asked me if we could talk about it. She told me all of her concerns about having this horrible disease. One of her biggest worries was that she would forget us and not know who we were. I told her "Don't worry, Mom. We will remember you!" Oh, how she laughed.


Dedication: For my mother, who I love with all of my heart. She is now in her 8th year of this vile disease and we all continue to care for all of her needs in our childhood home in Alaska. And yes, sweet little mama.....we all remember you!
This quilt has Fast Finish Triangles

This quilt can be found on the AAQI Quilts Awaiting Assignment web page and will be available for sale at a later date.

Michele Bilyeu blogs With Heart and Hands as she shares a quilting journey through her life in Salem, Oregon and Douglas, Alaska. Sharing thousands of links to Free Quilt and Quilt Block Patterns and encouraging others to join in the Liberated Quilting Challenge and make or donate small art quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) Help us change the world, one little quilt at a time!