Pages

Sunday

My Very Lastest AAQI Quilt: Sold!





My small format art quilt, Quilt #15,000 - And The Greatest Of These Is Love , sold at auction to Bill Volkening for $105. Thanks so very much, Bill...I am so delighted it will be added to your collection!

I really, really loved this quilt..it was my absolute new favorite and I am so glad it is going to a loving home!

Bill previously purchased another of my AAQI quilts. Read more here: Sold! AAQI Quiilt #15,000

To view a larger version click here: Michele Bilyeu's AAQI Quilt #15,000

Quilt #15,000 - And The Greatest Of These Is Love
Quilt #15,000 - And The Greatest Of These Is Love
Michele Bilyeu
Salem, OR USA 

Width: 8.5" Length: 10.75"
Materials/Techniques: Batiks and cotton fabrics, machine and raw edge appliqué, sequins and hand quilting. It is "portrait finished" with the addition of a second, or background matting quilt for a 3D effect.

Artist Statement: My mother is nearing the end of eight long years of battling Alzheimer's disease. Each of us takes turns living with her and caring for her every need in our childhood home in Alaska. We face each new day with faith, with hope, and with endlessly giving of ourselves. But above all else, we face each new day with love.

Dedication: For my mother, my father, my brothers, and my sister-in-laws, for my aunts, for my uncles; and for all of us who have battled Alzheimer's disease, or faced the challenges of caring and loving someone who suffers its ravages. May we always love and never, ever lose sight of a cure.


I am so honored that my quilt "And The Greatest of These is Love" is the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative's quilt #15,000. And now, it is up for auction to the highest bidder with all profits going to fund Alzheimer's Disease research in the AAQI's August Auction.



Michele Bilyeu blogs With Heart and Hands as she shares a quilting journey through her life in Salem, Oregon and Douglas, Alaska. Sharing thousands of links to Free Quilt and Quilt Block Patterns and encouraging others to join in the Liberated Quilting Challenge and make or donate small art quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) Help us change the world, one little quilt at a time!